Saturday, August 13, 2011

Spooktacularly Delicious Candy Corn

Candy Corn

There's nothing that gets me in the mood for fall and Halloween more than the arrival on store shelves of that delicious wonder candy corn :)

A quick dash into Walgreen's today yielded one of my favorites--Brach's Autumn Mix. And that first bite after so long, oh so delicious. By oh so long, I mean I tend to get so sick eating it during the fall season, that I'm happy to move on to other sweet nothings, until it catches my eye this time of year ;-)

Not only is candy corn festive to eat, but it's great to decorate with. Filling jars, candle holders, vases. Used as table scatters. Perfect for adding flair to baked goodies. Great for filling candy containers and favor bags. And especially good for hiding in your desk drawer so you can keep pesky goblins away from munching on your favorite candy :)

More expensive but oh so good, is the Jelly Belly candy corn. Even better is their fall mix:

The flavors aren't as sugary sweet as the Brach's and the mix of maple, lemon, orange, cinnamon in addition to the regular candy corn is just delightful. I often stock up on several bags of this when I visit the local Cracker Barrel. Yum!

Jenn:)

2 comments:

suzanne said...

The first bites are indeed the best. By October, I'm sick of it! :D

dragonmamma said...

I've never even heard of the Jelly Belly candy corn mix. I'm going to keep my eyes open for that!

Yeah, I'm very happy every time I step into a store and see some "Back to School" space being switched over to autumn colors with an occasional skeleton peeking out.