Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Halloween Antiquing

Halloween Antiquing

Today I ventured into an antique mall in Apache Junction, AZ. I was hunting for books but also anything Halloween. I didn't see a lot of items, but the above orange and black vase was intriguing to me. It would go perfectly with Halloween decor due to the colors and the raven (or crow?) style bird. But at $60.00, I passed!

These Halloween candles were a bit sad looking but still neat to spy in a glass case.

This plastic witch head was spotted in another case.

At $59.00, I passed on this noisemaker since I have something similar that I got for less at eBay.

At $38.00, I thought this one was also overpriced. It's a pretty common one to find at eBay for less.

What do you typically find in your travels at antique malls?

Jenn:)

4 comments:

Ghoulie Girls said...

I too love to go Halloween antiquing but the pricing locally is far higher than for pieces I find online.

I love the vase but would have passed as well for $60. I believe that the witch head is from a 1970's broomstick. I used to have one as a kid. I'd love to get a replacement but haven't gotten around to it.

Great stuff!

Jenn Fisher said...

I really did like the vase. I'm going to keep my eye on it next time I go through and see if it's marked down any or on sale.

Jenn:)

Ghoulie Girls said...

I hope the vase does go on sale for you! The good news is that it's orange and most people not into the Halloween thing will not be interested.

Around here our dealers are married to their prices. Several booths have items that have been there for over 10 years (I am not kidding).

Jenn Fisher said...

Wow, now 10 years of set prices--that's dedication :) ha!